Chrismont Cellar Door, Restaurant and Larder
An exciting opportunity exists to join the restaurant kitchen team at our award-winning culinary centrepiece.
We are now seeking applications from experienced and enthusiastic food professionals for the position of:
A full-time position is available for a reliable, experienced sous chef with a background working in a high-paced, a la carte dining environment with excellent working conditions.
You will possess skills necessary to assist in the preparation and cooking of Italian food from fresh ingredients with an attention to detail and finesse for taste.
You will also demonstrate:
- A stable career background with proven experience in good food
- That you are passionate about simple food done exceptionally
- Capacity to cater for high-end, large group events
- An ability to hit the ground running and to work clean
- Exceptional time management skills
- Knowledge and ability to comply to standards of food safety, OH&S and hygiene
- Self-motivation to work autonomously and collectively as part of a team
- A great attitude and excellent work ethic
- Being open to learning and development
A LOVE for Italian food and its flavours is also a must. We can teach you the ins and outs, but we need you to be both passionate and heartfelt.
Five day, 40-hr working week
THE successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with the most amazing fresh produce available in our region, and to learn first hand about the intrinsic art of Sicilian food and matching its flavours and textures to wine.
You will have the privilege to learn and develop your career alongside our talented head chef, plus receive on-the-job training in various aspects of restaurant operations in our popular, award-wining business.
Must be reliable and have a desire to work for a hands-on, family-run business and as part of a close-knit team.
A current driver’s license and own mode of transport to travel to and from work is a must.
Remuneration is conducive to industry standards.
To apply please email your resume and a cover letter to Chrismont: firstname.lastname@example.org