An exciting opportunity exists to join the kitchen team at our award-winning cellar door, restaurant and larder.
We are now seeking applications from experienced and enthusiastic food professionals in the position of SOUS CHEF.
This full-time position is available for a reliable, experienced sous chef with a background working in a high-paced, al la carte dining environment with excellent working conditions in what is regarded as one of northeast Victoria’s leading food and wine destinations.
You will possess skills necessary at preparing and cooking food from fresh ingredients with an attention to detail and finesse for taste.
Five day, 40-hr working week
You will also demonstrate:
– A stable career back ground with proven experience in good food
– Capacity to cater for high-end, large group events
– An ability to hit the ground running and to work clean
– Self-motivation to work autonomously and collectively as part of a team
– A great attitude and excellent work ethic
– Being open to learning and development
A LOVE for Italian food and its flavours is also a must. We can teach you the ins and outs, but we need you to be both passionate and heartfelt.
Sponsorship is also available for the right applicant.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE will have the opportunity to work with the most amazing fresh produce available in our region, and to learn first hand about the intrinsic art of Sicilian food and matching its flavours and textures to wine. You will have the privilege to learn and develop your career alongside our talented head chef, plus receive on-the-job training in various aspects of restaurant operations in our popular, award-wining business.
As Chrismont maintains a workplace of reward and unity, you willalso receive staff benefits including:
· Discount on Chrismont and La Zona range of wines
· Complimentary meals, coffee
· Provision of aprons and uniforms
The successful candidate must be reliable and have a desire to work for a hands-on, family-run business and as part of a close-knit team. Remuneration is conducive to industry standards.
To apply please email your resume and a cover letter to us at email@example.com
Applications close Friday January 26, 2018.